USPS Postal Rates are Going Up Again!

Sunday, January 26, 2014

I use Stamps.com to generate my postage for all my packages. I'm not sure if this is the best option but it's what I started with and found it easy to use. When I logged in to generate my postage last Thursday it notified me that all the postal rates were getting ready to increase. Didn't we just have an increase? I feel like we have new rates more than once a year. Nothing we can do about it though so time to embrace the change and move forward. Here is a little info I have gathered to give you a little insight. I hope you find it helpful.
At the start of each year, postal providers worldwide announce changes to their rates and services.   Changes to specific postage costs for  the USPS will vary depending on the mail class and destination. 

USPS Shipping Updates

  • Changes to USPS postage rates will automatically be reflected on any postage purchased through Stamps.com, Etsy, Ebay or whatever shipping software you use to generate your postage on January 26, 2014.
  • USPS customers can expect to see a 5% increase (YIKES) on average for First Class packages, with the most significant change for 1-3 oz packages. This is the largest increase in a decade.
  • There will be little to no increase applied to Priority Mail prices. Priority Mail International prices will see an overall decrease of about $0.40.
  • The maximum weight for shipments going to Mexico has increased to 70 lbs.
ForeverSeptember


For additional information, download rate sheets directly from the USPS. Here’s to selling and shipping success in 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground