Pasta Monsters

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

My kids love to be in the kitchen and help as much as they can. It usually involves the use of a plastic knife. In many cases I allow them to cut up fruit or slices of cucumber or spreading almond butter on a slice of bread. I think having them participate makes eating their meals much more successful. I hope they will make healthier choices in their futures by understanding what they are eating.

These pasta monsters were so much fun. Sometimes I just need to let the kids play with their food, this was one of those times. I took raw hot dogs and cut them into 1 1/2" pieces and gave them uncooked pasta to stick into the hot dog pieces. After they were loaded, I put them into a pot of boiling salted water. just until the pasta was done. The kids couldn't wait to eat them!!! These were so much fun!!!
Cut the hot dogs into 1"- 1 1/2" pieces and stick the uncooked noodles through the pieces.


Stick them in your pot and as the noodles soften they will fall into the pot.

Add your favorite sauce, cheese, or eat just like this!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground