Whimsy Blues Creative Weekend!

Monday, February 24, 2014

What a fabulous long weekend! I flew into Seattle, WA last Thursday to cool but beautiful weather. Suzi Kaminsky and I were roomies in Terri Brush's vintage camper, Kippy!! He is just the cutest!


When we arrived on Thursday, Suzi and I headed to Shipwreck beads for a fun and overwhelming
shopping and collecting of beads. Then off to Terri's house. 

Thursday night Terri had prepared a wonderful dinner of Chicken alfredo. It was delicious! Joy Bayer made fabulous carrot cake too! We are so spoiled.
Friday evening was the Soiree at Terri's Home. It was a great evening to spend with everyone. Once again the food was amazing.

Saturday classes started at 9:30am. I took Ruth Rae's Enchanted Heart class and we made the most adorable little box with a paper clay heart inside. 


Next was Terri's sweet bunny or chick Easter box. I chose bunnies of course. This box was so much fun! 
Saturday night we surprised Terri with a dinner across the street from the class location at a Mexican restaurant.
Sunday morning, I took Terri's paper clay Santos Bunny class. OMG how much fun was she???!!!! I had so much fun sculpting her, soldering her base, painting her, and decorating her. It  was such a blast. Her name is Ethel and she had 3 other close friends you will see in the picture.
Ethel is the first from the left. She has been fun to travel home with. She was brave and went right through security X Ray at the airport and then was lucky enough to score her own seat on our sold out flight!!
She sure will miss her friends as will I. I can't wait to see most of these ladies in 8 weeks at Art Camp. I'm so glad it isn't farther away. Until then, it's back to reality and time to prepare for our fantastic workshop Saturday at Summer's Past Farms and the Spring show is quickly approaching (April 12th) Yikes! Time to stop playing and need to work on some new jewelry!!!

I hope you have enjoyed my journey this weekend, I know I have. Hope to create with you all soon! 
XOXO,
Carly

1 comment:

  1. Such a great weekend, so happy to call you friend. But remember no popping balloons.

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground